Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Mango Pudding





If you live around these parts, you'll know that one of the fruits we always have in season is mango. (the other being bananas). One staple dessert  in chinese restaurants is MANGO PUDDING. and if have had mango form the Philippines, you'll say how much sweeter and tastier it is than anything you have tasted in the US or Europe.


Pudding in the western world actually involves bread. Why this dish is called mango pudding is beyond me because it has no bread in it at all. I tweaked the recipe a little  because I also love mango sago (sago is tapioca)


Mango pudding is very easy to make- My friend actually wanted to call it mango sago jello.- hahahaha


you'll need:


3 ripe mangos (preferably from the Philippines)
1/2 cup hot water
1/3 cup sugar
1 packet of gelatin- about 10 grams  (I used FERNA brand)
1 cup of milk
1/3 cup sago


Scoop the meat off the mangoes and put in blender with the milk. Blitz for a few seconds (I like mine a little chunky). In a saucepan, heat water till boiling. Remove from heat and stir in gelatin till dissolved. Add sugar and blend till melted and then add to  the mango in the blender and blitz again. Pour into prepared cups and chill at least 4 hours in the refrigerator.


Serve with milk and a few chopped pieces of mango.
this it the dream sequence pic... 




add a little milk......
I love those little sago balls...
enjoy!!!!
Hope you like this post. This recipe is not so sweet. If you like it richer, you can use cream instead of milk and add more sugar. ! 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sending me some, Imelda! I loved it -- I loved the texture of the gelatin and sago with bits of mangoes, it's not too sweet and it's just a light dessert. I think I can eat 5 cups of this in one sitting. =)

    ReplyDelete