Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Awesomest Best Burger in the Philippines

If you are one of those people who tries the same dish in different restaurants, then you're alot like me.  I eat Pesto Pasta in Italian Restaurants to compare, I look for the best Bibingka, and I also look for the BEST BURGERS!

Ok, let's talk about burgers.  As easy as burgers are made, like human beings, they're not all created equal.  Some are yuck, some are tough, some are gross, some are just AWESOME!

Ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce you to Charlie's Burger.


So who is Charlie? Charlie's Executive Chef Robby Goco of Cyma fame decided to name their restaurant after Charlie Nagreen, a.k.a. "Hamburger Charlie", known to be the American inventor of the 'portable meatball' which he sandwiched in white bread. And so, the burger was born. (@Click the City)

Charlie's burger's first branch is located in Kapitolyo in Pasig.  It is a burger joint and a car wash.  You would never expect a place whose supposed business is car wash to serve delicious food;  but now people pay for car wash so that they have somewhere to park to eat at Charlie's!  They've finally opened a branch in the North located in Ortigas Avenue near corner of Santolan.  

Charlie's burgers are cooked as you order and they are just MADE TO PERFECTION.  I could not be anymore enthusiastic about burgers because this MAY be the best burger in the world.  Ok, I've not been to the USA but my sister has! and she said she thinks it's better than In and Out!  (We stand to be corrected); BUT! If we are talking about the Philippines, you will not find a burger place, better than Charlie's.

Can I be any clearer than that?


I've tried other burger places, I even tried that burger place in Baguio where they claim they have the best burgers... I tell you, they're not.  Ok, Brother's Burger, they got good burgers, they're good quality, but YOU'RE A BURGER PLACE!!!! WHY DO YOU CHARGE FIVE PESOS EVERY SACHET OF KETCHUP? You shouldn't have to pay for ketchup for cryin' out loud!!!  

In Charlie's they have towel tissues all you want to use, they have Heinz Ketchup, mayo, mustard, horse raddish dressing, heavenly Aioli dressing EVERYTHING FOR FREE!

If you're on a diet and you deprive yourself of complex carbohydrates like potatoes... well if you want to cheat, do it the right way!  OMG the awesome potatoes, fried to perfection. <sniff>

The right American way to eat a burger is definitely to just dig in with your hands, no utensils -- cave man style!  It is indeed the best way to enjoy this burger!  Smother yourself with ketchup and other sauces.

Writing this blog post is making me drool and crave for Charlie's Burger.  To give you some reference on how I can describe this awesome burger, here are some quotes form How I Met Your Mother (Season 4 Episode 2):


"I just had my first burgasm!"
"I want to get this burger pregnant"
"I wanna have dibs on those burger babies!"


"I love this burger so much I want to sew my ass shut!" 


No comments:

Post a Comment