Saturday, June 25, 2011

Bread Ahoy!

I would like to share what i made in my blog, I don't think I have the right to share any kind of recipe because I didn't invent them or anything, I just follow their instructions on how to do them and do them. I'd however post link of the video or the website where I got the recipe and talk about the process and reviews.

The first ever bread I cooked in my oven was the Filipino breakfast bread called Pan de Sal. It is a sweet bread covered in bread crumbs!


I did this just as taught by YouTube channel Panlasang Pinoy (Filipino Taste) and here's the link for the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGt2Zew6lrY

What I think i did wrong was that I over cooked it a bit, the top was too toasted that it made it a bit hard, none the less, the taste of freshly baked bread is delicious!

The next bread I tried making was White Bread. In this case, I did not refer to a YouTube channel but only referred to this blog site, which is also where I got the inspiration to start blogging about my baking and cooking as well!

Here is the link: http://kraftibakes.blogspot.com/2010/10/white-bread.html

and here is my bread:


This bread did not turn out the way I thought it would be. I think I followed the instructions pretty well but instead of having a white, fluffy, light bread, I got instead, a light brown, heavy bread. At first I was a bit disappointed, but then when I toasted it in the oven toaster and slap on a generous amount of my mom's chicken sandwich, put on some tomatoes, basil and mozzarella cheese, it tasted pretty good, if I may say so myself


I realized that the bread tasted like flat Italian Bread! The ones you get from Italian restaurants and you dip in olive oil and vinegar! It went well with the Italian flavors; and so, in my recipe book, instead of naming White Bread -- White Bread, I'll call it Italian Bread! just until I get good enough in baking to find out by myself to adjust the consistency of the bread.

So for those who wants to try this, it's really very easy. I only used my hands to knead the bread and did not have an electric mixer nor a whisk!

I hope you enjoy the recipe above and wait for my banana bread and coffee buns!

No comments:

Post a Comment