Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Pandan Chicken - low carb

As I have indicated a few posts back, I am on Cohen. I tell you, sometimes it IS so challenging to come up with recipes that would satisfy my taste buds as well as adhere to the principles of the diet.

Thankfully, I found this recipe for pandan chicken which requires no soy sauce and oil for the marinade.



You'll need:

1/2 kg chicken breast
1-2 tsp tumeric
1 small shallot
salt and pepper
1 tsp splenda (or sugar)

pandan leaves (screw pine)

Cut the chicken breast into bite sized peices, put into a bowl and mix with all the spices and shallot. Leave to marinate for 30 minutes or ovenight.

When you are ready to cook, Wash the pandan leaves and roll 1 pc of chicken in the leaf and secure with a toothpick.

At this point, in a regular world, you would deep fry the pandan chicken in oil. However, I recently purchased an Philips Air Fryer (it fries your food without using oil) and tried this for my pandan chicken.

I lightly coated the chicken pandan with a spray of olive oil and put nin the basket. I let it cook at 180C for 15 minutes (checking at 10 minutes)

It turned out pretty good!


I paired this with curried cauliflower and it was so yummy and satisfying. *note, i was informed pandan is NOT allowed on Cohen... so if you on it, just pan fry the chicken without the pandan wrap.


1 comment:

  1. We live in Digital World. Now a day’s everybody use the best air fryer to fry this type food not oven. It's need for a single or joint family. Now I am using air fryer, also want take 2 air fryers.

    ReplyDelete