Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Pandan Chicken - low carb

As I have indicated a few posts back, I am on Cohen. I tell you, sometimes it IS so challenging to come up with recipes that would satisfy my taste buds as well as adhere to the principles of the diet.

Thankfully, I found this recipe for pandan chicken which requires no soy sauce and oil for the marinade.



You'll need:

1/2 kg chicken breast
1-2 tsp tumeric
1 small shallot
salt and pepper
1 tsp splenda (or sugar)

pandan leaves (screw pine)

Cut the chicken breast into bite sized peices, put into a bowl and mix with all the spices and shallot. Leave to marinate for 30 minutes or ovenight.

When you are ready to cook, Wash the pandan leaves and roll 1 pc of chicken in the leaf and secure with a toothpick.

At this point, in a regular world, you would deep fry the pandan chicken in oil. However, I recently purchased an Philips Air Fryer (it fries your food without using oil) and tried this for my pandan chicken.

I lightly coated the chicken pandan with a spray of olive oil and put nin the basket. I let it cook at 180C for 15 minutes (checking at 10 minutes)

It turned out pretty good!


I paired this with curried cauliflower and it was so yummy and satisfying. *note, i was informed pandan is NOT allowed on Cohen... so if you on it, just pan fry the chicken without the pandan wrap.


3 comments:

  1. We live in Digital World. Now a day’s everybody use the best air fryer to fry this type food not oven. It's need for a single or joint family. Now I am using air fryer, also want take 2 air fryers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. Air fryer is a device that can cook food. It circulates air around food and makes the food fat free. I can prepare rice, sauce and stir fry with this fry. That’s the perfect fryer. I can get my desired food ready within a short time. That why I love my air fryer.Thanks for your info before buying air fryers we should read the reviews of products to know more about it visit here

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, this is the one of the best innovation and it ll defiantly helps people to achieve their health goals.oils are having saturated fats which can increase cholesterol level in the body which is not good for health. thanks for sharing a descriptive information about air fryers. before buying air fryers we should read the reviews of products to know more about it visit the website

    ReplyDelete