One of the cupcakes from my cupcake frenzy weekend!!!The original recipe was for raspberry. Since we live in a tropical country, I could only get my hands on mango, so I turned it into a mango marble cheesecake (cupcake)
1½ cups finely ground graham crackers (about 12 sheets; use a mini chopper or food processor)
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1½ cups plus 5 tablespoons sugar
3 pcs mango chopped (leave some extra for topping)
3 packs (225grams ) cream cheese, room temperature
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
4 large eggs, room temperature
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners. Stir together ground graham crackers, butter, and 3 tablespoons sugar. Press 1 tablespoon crust mixture firmly into bottom of each lined cup. Bake until set, about 5 minutes. Transfer tins to a wire rack to cool.
2. Process mango in a blender until smooth, about 30 seconds. Whisk in 2 tablespoons sugar. (you can omit this if the mango is sweet already)
3. With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat cream cheese until fluffy, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. With mixer on low speed, add remaining 1½ cups sugar in a steady stream. Add salt and vanilla; mix until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until just combined after each.
4. Spoon 3 tablespoons filling over crust in each cup. Dollop ½ teaspoon mango puree in a few dots over each. With a wooden skewer or toothpick, swirl sauce into filling. Place each tin in a roasting pan (bake in batches, if necessary); pour enough hot water into pan to come three-quarters of the way up sides of cups.
5. Bake, rotating pans halfway through, until filling is set, about 30 minutes. Carefully remove tins from water bath and transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Refrigerate (in tins) at least 4 hours (or out of tins up to 5 days in airtight containers). Remove from tins just before serving.
for the cheesecake lovers out there, this is perfect "party" sized cheesecake you can serve in bite size pieces. At first, I did not top the cupcake with the bits of mango - my guest were asking what they were. Hubby suggested I "beautify" the cupcake with the bits of mango. (hihihi)
Taste wise, my guests loved the mango swirls in the middle. At least you get something new.
*recipe adapted from Martha Stewart CUPCAKES