Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Sizzling Beef Salpicao

It's been awhile since we posted a savory recipe. So I decided to try this one I got from PANLASANG PINOY website. I added the sizzling plate to give it more oomph at the end. (anything sizzling seems to have more appeal... hahahaha)




For the novices out there, this is actually very easy to make and is great as pica-pica for beer or a main dish for the family. All you have to do is marinate the meat and you are good to go.

Sizzling Beef Salpicao

1 1/2 lbs beef sirloin (or tenderloin), cubed (I sliced mine)
3 tablespoons garlic, minced (you can use more if you like)
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 cup butter
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
5 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
2 tablespoons oyster sauce

1. Combine the beef, salt, pepper, and garlic then mix well. Let stand for 10 minutes.

2. Add the olive oil and marinade for at least 30 minutes.

3. Apply high heat on a pan then put-in the combined ingredients once the pan is hot enough.

4. Sear the beef until the color of the outer part turns brown. Try to toss the beef while searing so that all sides are uniformly cooked.

5. Add the oyster sauce and Worcester's sauce and continue tossing until the liquid dries up.



heat the sizzling plate (if you have one), if you don't, then you can skip this part.  Add the butter in the last 30 seconds and serve.



I found that serving this in a nice plate with the rice formed into something served in restaurants is very appealing to kids. My daughter wanted hers served like this too and enjoyed eating the food (compared to just a plain plate and messy rice)

So I guess presentation REALLY gives the dish added yummy points. They even ate the side dish of steamed broccoli. My husband thought this would be great if we added more toasted garlic on top. (you can pre toast your garlic before hand )-- so maybe I'll do that next time I cook this.
Publish Post

No comments:

Post a Comment