Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I'm Back! Backpacker's Gourmet

Hi everyone, for those who do not know me, I am the other lady on the spoon that the blog title was named after, Candie.  I am the prodigal lady-on-a-spoon that has been M.I.A. for almost a year! (Sorry Imelda! :P)


Well, I have been busy with a lot of different stuff, one of which was filming an online web show / webseries / webisodes about FOOD!  So I have not totally abandoned this blog, or at least the essence of it.  It was Imelda who betrayed the foodie community, going on a diet; cooking and yet, not eating! (Que Horror!).  She recently lost a significant amount of weight, read about her success here.


Anyway, to tell you more about it, the show is produced by Dispatch Magazine Online.  It is the magazine that is being distributed in R.O.X. in Boni High Street and now independent and made available online.  


They decided to make a web series that tapped on food and travel.  I was very lucky to have been chosen as their host for the show called Backpacker's Gourmet.



Backpacker's Gourmet is a show that is going to scour through Metro Manila's best culinary gems with a budget of only Php150 per meal!  You will be surprised how many hole-in-the-wall restaurants there are that serves incredible food.



For the first series of the show, we are tapping into Lutong Pinoy.  We're gonna go around restaurants that serve Filipino food, one city at a time. Each episode showcases a city and every episode will be chopped into several parts. 


...and with all that clarifications, without further ado, here is the first part of my first episode!!!  


This was shot in 2 days, went to around 8~10 restaurants.  You can imagine how FULL I was haha...Yes, my job is really stressful.  I am still getting used to seeing my face on the camera.  I definitely have a lot to work on in terms of information I impart and definitely have to work on additional adjectives on how to say "delicious".  My experience as a tour guide definitely helps when it comes to projecting my voice and some tidbits but then again, talking to a camera and a live audience is very different.  I will blog about all the restaurants I visited after the end of every episode just for everyone's reference :)


Thanks for reading all the way to the end and I hope you enjoyed the video!  Please like Backapacker's Gourmet on Facebook to be updated on the future episodes! :D

1 comment: